Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Yaoi~ness?


This is just a topic that came to my mind.
This is one thing that I, myself, am unaware of.
Well, not unaware of,
but unsure of myself of.
Do I like yaoi?
If you guys don't know what it means, it's boys love.
Not gay love,
but boys love.
In anime, that is.
I am a person that doesn't think that a guy that loves another guy, is gay.
I think of them as simply in love with each other.
Love has no age, sex & gender, right?
Why should we only be restricted to loving the opposite gender?
God has given us free will, so I guess that means we are allowed to make life-changing decisions.
Come on,
I mean, it's not the person's fault if he/she is born in the body that wasn't supposed to be for him/her.
It's just cruel fate.
We just have to improvise.
Being a bi-curious & open-minded person about sexuality, I don't really mind people who are gay, lesbian, or bi.
What I just don't get is why is it so hard for other people to accept?
Sometimes, two boys or two girls who are in love with each other don't really think of themselves as gay.
It just so happens that they fell in love with that particular person, not because of their gender, but because of their personality.
At least, that's what I think.
I used to be a person that hated yaoi. I was known to be the true embodiment of an anti-yaoi person.
But now...
I find it amusing, fascinating, and interesting.
Just don't make it too explicit, and I'm fine with it. (I'm not a person who likes erotic-ness.)
I don't know if this sounds weird to you, but I find it utterly cute & sweet. (Since most fanfics I read are fluffy & WAFFish.)
Especially the pairings Choutarou x Eiji, Fuji x Eiji, Eiji x Ryoma (Well, not as a couple for Eiji x Ryoma. I just like their frienship.), Marui x Jirou, Riff x Cain, Sasori x Gaara.
I don't really find anything wrong with liking such pairings.
I am my own person, right? Nobody else makes my decisions for me.
I'm getting a little tired of putting up with everyone who are opposed to it or thinks it's weird.
People are entitled to their own decisions, and no one, but themselves, can stop them.